Are you ready to start your next Singapore construction endeavour? No matter the project, chances are you will probably need an excavator. When most people think of an excavator, there are only one or two uses that come to mind. Did you know that excavators can actually be used for a variety of projects? Read on to find out how you can use an excavator in your Singapore construction project.
Excavators are generally used for moving large objects, and because of this they have a small cab and a set of arms powered by a hydraulic system. First, there are a few different types of excavators that are specially made for different types of work:
- Compact Excavators: Compact excavators have wheels, a boom, bucket, and an arm. This is one of the most typical kinds of excavators seen on a small construction site.
- Crawler Excavators: These are larger excavators with a higher horsepower. Crawler excavators are best for heavy work such as mining.
- Drag Line Excavators: Drag line excavators are usually used in mining and engineering, and come in two types. They can also be used as cranes for lifting.
- Long Reach Excavators: These excavators have long arms which are mostly used for building demolition.
- Suction Excavators: Suction excavators have a pipe that acts as a vacuum on cluttered sites. These are perfect for clearing debris or removing underground elements.
‘Excavator’ is a broad term for a piece of machinery used for all kinds of purposes! Here are some common uses for excavators:
- Diggin up and moving rocks
- Moving construction material into place/unloading materials from a truck
- Removing waste from sites
- Digging trenches/holes for foundations
- Grading or landscaping
- Brush cutting
- River dredging
- Putting pipes in place
Now that you know the many different uses for an excavator, you may have realised that you needed one all along! Excavators are a great piece of machinery to use on both small and large projects. Contact us today if you need an excavator rental in Singapore.